January 13, 2011
What do I need to bring to a UHEAA FAFSA Night?
If you plan on attending a UHEAA FAFSA Night or Webinar, make sure you come prepared with:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Driver’s License, if you have one
- Your 2010 W-2 forms and any other records of money earned
- 2010 Federal Income Tax Return (IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ). If you have e-filed your federal income tax return AT LEAST two weeks prior to the FAFSA Night, you can use the IRS Data Retrieval feature. However, it is still a good idea to bring the paper documents
- Parents’ 2010 Federal Income Tax Return (same applies for IRS Data Retrieval as above)
- 2010 untaxed income records (veterans non-education benefit records, child support received, worker’s compensation, Social Security income)
- Current bank statements
- Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
- Alien registration or permanent resident card if the student is not a U.S. citizen (both categories are still eligible to file the FAFSA)
For FAFSA Night/Webinar event dates, times and details on how to attend, please click here.
To enter UHEAA’s FAFSA Night/Webinar contest and tweet about it to your friends, please click here.
Enter without sharing by clicking here.Posted by: blee