January 11, 2010
New higher ed website highlights Utah’s colleges and universities
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH – There is now a new website to access relevant higher education news for the state of Utah: HigherEdUtah.org.
The site helps users tap into the broad variety of activities and events taking place on college and university campuses across the state. HigherEdUtah.org has a user-friendly layout and utilizes the standard social media tools.
“Utah’s colleges and universities are critical hubs whose activities directly impact their surrounding regions and the state as a whole.” remarked William Sederburg, Commissioner of Higher Education, “Through tools such as HigherEdUtah.org, we hope Utahns will gain a greater understanding of higher education’s critical role in the state’s community and economic vitality.”
The objective of HigherEdUtah.org is threefold:
- Provide current and prospective students relevant tools to prepare academically and financially for a college education.
- Help Utahns get a more complete understanding of the many activities and achievements at the state’s colleges and universities.
- Highlight key issues facing higher education locally and at the national level.
HigherEdUtah.org is a companion site to the other websites currently administered by the Utah System of Higher Education:
- UtahFutures.org: Utah’s comprehensive education-to-workforce solution. It is also the tool junior high and high school students use to manage their Student Educational and Occupational Plan (SEOP).
- uesp.org: Utah Educational Savings Plan, the State 529 college savings plan. UESP is consistently ranked as one of the country’s top 529 plans. Their website makes setting up and managing accounts easy and convenient.
- uheaa.org: Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority, administers Utah’s student financial aid programs, including the student loan program. The site provides account access, help on applying for aid, and promissory notes for borrowers. UHEAA has the lowest student loan default rate in the nation.
The website will replace the current website of the Utah System of Higher Education, utahsbr.edu.
###Posted by: Higher Ed