February 11, 2011
Friends of UHEAA supply you with some pre-test stress relief tips
Every Thursday, the Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority runs contests on the popular social and informational networking site, Twitter, where UHEAA’s fans and followers may contribute their tweets to aid students in preparing, planning and paying for college (and to win the extremely desired UHEAA prize pack of course)! For more information on UHEAA’s Twitter contests and how you can participate, please click here.
The contest topic for this week was: “Calm down! The ACT isn’t a wild boar, it’s just a test! In one tweet, tell us your best tips for pre-test stress relief.” This contest came just in time to help those taking the ACT test this weekend. Check out some of the tips that UHEAA’s friends had to contribute this week:
- @truthiness4ever: Go to a movie, hang out with friends; anything that gets your mind off the test, but be sure to go to bed early the night before!
- @uheaa: Sounds like you’ve had to prep for a few tests before! Awesome tweet Stefania! #StressBeGone!
- @rabihaslanded: Best pre-test stress relief is found in a steady course of slow deep breaths and a glass of pomegranate juice. Red fruits=less stress
- @uheaa: Ah, I love it! “Red Fruits = Less Stress.” I need to write that one down for myself!
- @rabihaslanded: It is really true! I have a lot of stress (liberally gray by 19) and I drink Pom wonderful all the time, it helps a ton.
- @DannonL: Best pre-test stress relief: stretching
- @uheaa: Stretching is always an excellent relaxation technique. Great one!
- @cranepuffin Pre-test yoga breathing – breathe in thru the nose, out thru the mouth and so on! #ACT
- @uheaa: Great one Kim! #Namaste!
- @limeykricket: pretest stress relievers – studying is the best because it builds your confidence on what you will be tested on! #ACT
- @limeykricket: Stress relievers before taking a test – Get your mind off of it…visit with somoene, text, read something not related.
- @uheaa: 2 prime pretest stress relief tweets! Being #prepared = confidence, #confidence = no stress, #nostress = you rocking the #ACT!
- @theSusanWright: Pre-rest stress relief? Talk to someone that’s been there, been through it & survived!
- @uheaa: Good advice in any stressful situation really! Maybe we should make shirts that say “I survived the #ACT test!” Lol.
- @Fibby1123: I try to avoid stressing too much about tests by just reminding myself that I know the material and by remaining confident. It helps!
- @uheaa: Agreed. Being confident in yourself is most definitely one of the keys to test success! #confidenceiskey
We wish good luck to those of you taking the ACT test tomorrow and hope that these excellent pre-test stress relief tips from our friends will help you stay cool, calm and collected. Be sure to follow UHEAA on Twitter and feel free to stop by and contribute your tweets to any of our contests running every Thursday throughout 2011!Posted by: blee