The Utah State Board of Regents administers two scholarship programs: The New Century Scholarship and Regents’ Scholarship. For specific information and award amounts for each of the scholarships, please click on the scholarship programs listed below.
Updates to the New Century and Regents’ Scholarship Programs
- The awards amounts are determined on an annual basis and are subject to legislative funding and the total number of qualified participants. For the 2013-2014 college academic year (starting Summer semester) the New Century award will be $1100 per semester. The Regents’ Scholarship base award is a one-time payment of $1000, the Exemplary Academic Achievement award will be $1100 per semester, and the UESP supplemental award is based on contributions made to the recipients UESP account, but will be no more than $400 one-time payment.
Award amounts may be reduced, may vary from year to year, and are dependent on when the recipient is enrolled in college. Funding levels beyond Spring of 2014 are unknown and the award amounts will be determined in April of each year. Award information for each scholarship can be found on the programs respective web page.
Program Changes: Students will be required to enroll in and successfully complete 15 credit hours beginning Fall semester 2013, earning a 3.3 GPA in order to maintain eligibility.
These scholarships may continue to be refined and altered on an annual basis as result of legislation. Therefore, it is important that you use this website as your resource for the most up-to-date information. Do not rely on past scholarship information or application packets as they are out-of-date.
New Century Scholarship
For New Century Scholarship information click here.
The New Century Scholarship encourages students to accelerate their education by earning an Associate’s degree in high school from an institution within the Utah System of Higher Education. The scholarship may be used at a 4-year public college or university within the Utah System of Higher Education, as well as at Brigham Young University-Provo and Westminster College.
New Century Contact Information:
New Century Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 145116
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-5116
For Regents’ Scholarship information click here.
The Regents’ Scholarship encourages Utah high school students to prepare for college academically and financially by taking a core course of study and saving for college. The scholarship may be used at any public college or university in the Utah System of Higher Education, as well as at Brigham Young University-Provo, LDS Business College, and Westminster College.
Regents’ Scholarship Contact Information:
Regents’ Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 145114
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-5114
Additional Information That May Be Helpful
In addition to these scholarships many financial aid resources are available to help students pay for a college education. We encourage you to:
- Contact the financial aid office at the institution you attend or will attend in order to explore other financial resources.
- Apply for other grants and/or scholarships. For more information go to www.utahfutures.org .
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid as early as possible. More information is available at www.fafsa.ed.gov .
- Consider work study or other employment on or off campus.