January 10, 2011
UHEAA’s FAFSA Completion Nights. You’re invited and you could win a free iPod Touch!
January 12 through March 7, the Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority (UHEAA) will be administering a series of events where any Utah resident interested will be able to complete and submit their Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the help of financial aid professionals! These events are open to the public and anyone is more than welcome to attend. Not to mention, the events are completely free! The majority of the events are taking place during the evening at several high schools throughout Utah (Click here for dates and times) and along with the physical events, UHEAA will also be putting on four FAFSA Completion Webinars. These webinars will also be open to the public and absolutely free of charge so if you can’t make it out to a FAFSA Night event or if UHEAA isn’t presenting at your school, be sure to take advantage of a webinar (Click here for dates, times and details on how to attend)!
So, you need to get that FAFSA done anyway and the events are 100% free … Sounds like a must attend event right? Well, just in case you aren’t jumping up and down in place with excitement about filling out your FAFSA yet, there’s more for you. Just for attending one of the FAFSA Night events, you will have a chance to win a FREE 8gb iPod Touch! Along with the iPod Touch giveaway, there will be two $15 iTunes gift cards given out at each and every FAFSA Night event to randomly selected attendees!
All you have to do in order to enter is:
- RSVP for the FAFSA Night/Webinar event you will be attending and tell your friends so they have a chance to fill out their FAFSA and win an iPod too! (Enter the contest and tweet about it to your friends by clicking here. Enter without tweeting by clicking here.)
- Attend the event you and your friends signed up for and receive help from UHEAA’s awesome financial aid professionals on completing and submitting your 2011-12 FAFSA form,
- Sign the attendance sheet supplied by the UHEAA representative upon exiting the event.
For details on how winners will be selected, contest eligibility, contest opening/closing dates, terms, conditions, rules, and regulations please click here. For FAFSA Night/Webinar event dates, times and details on how to attend, please click here.
What you will get at a UHEAA FAFSA Night/Webinar:
- Line-by-line explanation of the FAFSA form
- Professional assistance filling out the FAFSA form
- Advice from financial aid professionals about financial aid resources and how to apply
- For high school juniors: Chance to fill out the FAFSA4Caster with the help of financial aid experts
- All of that plus a chance to win an 8 GB iPod Touch or a $15 iTunes gift card!? I must say, that is amazing!
What you need to bring if you attend a FAFSA Night/Webinar:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Driver’s License, if you have one
- Your 2010 W-2 forms and any other records of money earned
- 2010 Federal Income Tax Return (IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ). If you have e-filed your federal income tax return AT LEAST two weeks prior to the FAFSA Night, you can use the IRS Data Retrieval feature. However, it is still a good idea to bring the paper documents
- Parents’ 2010 Federal Income Tax Return (same applies for IRS Data Retrieval as above)
- 2010 untaxed income records (veterans non-education benefit records, child support received, worker’s compensation, Social Security income)
- Current bank statements
- Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
- Alien registration or permanent resident card if the student is not a U.S. citizen (both categories are still eligible to file the FAFSA)
Once more…For FAFSA Night/Webinar event dates, times and details on how to attend, please click here.
- A happy New Year and happy FAFSA season! We hope to see all of you soon. -The Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority
Posted by: blee