February 18, 2011
UHEAA Tweet Contests to Continue Throughout 2011
Great news! Our FAFSA tweet contests from January and February went so well that we have decided to continue running tweet contests throughout all of 2011! The contest topic will change periodically throughout the year (i.e. Jan-Feb: FAFSA, Feb-Mar: The ACT Test, etc.) to keep things interesting and we’ll also be upgrading our prize packages to include even more cool stuff for you to win. One important thing to note as we continue the contests throughout the year is that we’ll be moving them to Fridays instead of Thursdays. Mark your social calendars!
If you haven’t participated in one of our contests yet or if you just in need of a quick refresher, here’s how you can enter and win yourself a prize pack:
- If you don’t already have one, click here to create an account on Twitter.
- Make sure you “follow” the UHEAA Twitter feed (Great articles, resources and events for students and their families on how to plan, prepare and pay for college)!
- In 140 characters or less (one tweet), answer the criteria for the respective week’s topic! We tweet the topic every Friday at 11:30 AM.
- Tweet us your reply and wait for a direct message from UHEAA to see if you are the winner!
- Winners are chosen and notified at approximately 3:00 PM (MST) on the Monday following each contest.
For examples of excellent tweets from past contest entrants, check out this blog: “Friends of UHEAA supply you with some pre-test stress relief tips”
Feel free to get creative. In fact, we encourage it! Just make sure that everything you have to say is equal to or less than 140 characters. We’re looking forward to your great tweets!Posted by: blee