January 6, 2011
Weekly Twitter contests from UHEAA!
Every Thursday throughout the month of January, UHEAA will be giving away free and fabulous student prize packs for short 140 character “tweets” on the popular social network Twitter. The beginning of the year marks that it’s financial aid season for students in college and seniors in high school so the topic of focus for this month’s contests will be the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
To participate, all you need to do is…
- If you don’t already have one, click here to create an account on Twitter.
- Make sure you “follow” the UHEAA Twitter feed (Great articles, resources and events for students and their families on how to plan, prepare and pay for college)!
- Enter by replying to our weekly contest tweet (which you will find in our tweet timeline).
- In 140 characters or less, answer the criteria for the respective week’s FAFSA topic!
- Tweet your reply and wait for a direct message from UHEAA to see if you are the winner!
- Winners will be chosen and notified at approximately 3:00 PM (MST) on the Friday following each contest.
An example of a UHEAA contest tweet will look something like this: “Want to win a fabulous “UHEAA Prize Pack?” In one tweet, summarize why the FAFSA is important! Just reply to this tweet! Go!” An example of a great reply tweet would start something like this: ”@uheaa The FAFSA is important because…”
Feel free to get creative! Just make sure that everything you have to say is equal to or less than 140 characters! We’re looking forward to your FAFSA tweets!Posted by: blee